A journey through my last year as a twenty-something

I Have People! (347 Days)

Have you seen those H&R Block commercials where everyone walks around saying "I have people?" I too have people...just not the tax kind.

When we moved into this house back in January I was excited because the yard was flat. Our last rental didn't have one piece of flat land. It was all hill and was a pain in the behind to cut. If you weren't afraid of falling in the creek or getting smashed by the lawnmower as you fell down the hill it was fine but I hated it.


Photo credit: purplespid

This house has a completely flat yard and I was hoping to get in some exercise by mowing our double lot. There was nothing in the lease about lawn moving being provided by the landlord so imagine my surprise when one morning I woke up to a lawnmower right outside my bedroom window.

Yes, I have yard people! I wish they wouldn't come at 8 in the morning but I'm thankful to have them. They do a great job and cut most of the lawns on the block because our landlord owns a large portion of the block we live on. I love having people for this but at the same time it's not going to help me get any exercise in. I guess it's once more around the block for me. But hey, on the bright side my yard looks great!