A journey through my last year as a twenty-something

Dreams (348 Days)

Do you believe in dream analysis? I’m not sure if I believe in dream books completely, but sometimes they can be spot on. In college I purchased a few dream books and my roommates and I would pull out the book anytime we had an odd dream. On occasion I still do that.


Photo Credit: ddrccl

Lately I’ve been having similar dreams over and over again. For about a year I had dreams about bridges collapsing or being built a couple of times a week. It got to the point I would close my eyes anytime we drove over a bridge. It was so weird. In recent month’s I’ve stopped having the bridge dreams and gone to dreaming about a house my dad’s parents used to live in. In the dream the house is basically the way I remember it but there is a secret room hidden off a closet in the living room. It’s totally random I know, but I wonder what it means?

When I’m not dreaming about bridges or secret rooms I dream about the last thing I did online or watched on television. It’s not uncommon to find myself in a starring role on a television series. Just last night I was part of the CSI Miami cast. I hope I was Caleigh and not Horatio. The other night I dreamed about NASCAR and cell phones.

I once had a dream that there was a guy chasing me and his head was a coffee pot. How strange is that? But the dream that’s always had me wondering what the heck was one I had back in Jr. High or High School. I dreamed I was riding my bike to all the neighbor’s houses asking them to teach me how to make an egg salad sandwich. Now that is random.

Do you ever wonder what your dreams mean? Have you ever looked them up? Are they even remotely close to what’s going on in your life?